The EC Survivor’s List provides Hope and Knowledge to the esophageal cancer community through a searchable Survivor’s List. Members can view each others’ stories and contact each other if they wish.
- How do I join?
Click on the “Join the List” button–or the “Log In” button.
- Can I view this site on my handheld? Yes
- Do I have to register to see the list?
No, You can view the survivor list without registering, but you must register if you wish to contact other list members.
- Why do you ask if I have been diagnosed with EC?
This lets other members know you are an EC patient/survivor. However, all are welcome to register—patients, caregivers, family, and friends.
- I filled in the registration form, now what?
Click the link in the email we’ve sent to activate your account.
- I don’t know some of the answers to the questions on the Profile, what should I do?
Select the “unknown” option for now. You can update your profile later if you wish.
- What if I do not want to be contacted by other members at this time?
Once logged in, in your profile under ‘Privacy’, you can turn off/on the features for email and questions.
- How do I ask a group of survivors a question?
Go to Discussion Groups to ask groups of people a question. This is encouraged over contacting trying just one person.
- I registered but I don’t see my name on the Survivor’s list? Two reasons:
Currently, this is a Survivor’s list only, so caregivers and others do not show
As a survivor you need to complete your diagnosis date. Login, click edit details, scroll down and enter your diagnosis date. (We appreciate the roller-coaster of events when first diagnosed. You are in the system, and start showing on the survivors list 6 months plus after diagnosis.)
- My profile picture is off ?
The site uses a standard size of 240 x 160 pixels for the picture. Its best to size your picture before you upload it.
- I want people to reach me through a forum ? We highly encourage you to add in your description. ” You can reach me regularly at ……… forum”
- I’m newly diagnosed, I don’t have a lot of time, I’m getting a little lost on the site, can you help me see the list?
Yes, contact the moderator, we will help you, you are not alone.